Cheapest Domain Names and Cloud Tools for Building your Business and Brand.
No,it is not the point.
Mostly people get domains for reasons below:
To have personalized websites which is good for business.
To create email addresses
Domains are also preferred to using Wix.com for additional customization.
Many organizations or individuals has or had websites but for many reasons they did not get any value for the websites. Some of the reason website owners get discouraged are
- Lack of expertise to design a good and a friendly site.
- Lack of knowledge on Search Engine optimizations(SEO)
A website is like any other project that requires time and commitment. If you commit some time resources you will get some value for your websites.
Some of the recommendations are:
- Regular article writing on your service, area of specializations. This is commonly known as blogging. For example if you’re running a Salon, you can provide content on the best hair, how to know the best salon, the cheapest yet the most descent hair style etc. You can as well provide information on some of the providers.
- You also need to consider social media pages e.g. Facebook, twitter etc., this helps people to interact with your website everywhere. It’s said nowadays you’re likely to spend half of your day on social media.
- Get a very friendly website. If you’re not a web designer. You can invest in a good web designer. It’s a one-off cost.
- The last and not the least; get the best hosting provider who will ensure your website is always available and always online. The hosting provider must be affordable and must also offer support all the time.
These are just but a few recommendations to help you get value for your money.
Yes, a for-profit company can have .org domain.
The possible reason is when the .com domain for that for profit organization is already taken.
Also as a way to protect the brand, a for-profit organization may register .org domain to reserve it.
Main difference is on how they are created.
A domain name needs to be available for registration to be created for use while a sub-domain requires an existing domain name to be created.
Domain name operates independently while sub-domain is only operational while the main domain is active.
Domain are charged for creation while sub-domains are free to create.